When planning your Disney vacation getting the best Animal Kingdom fast passes can make your day the best it can be. Here are a few things to keep in mind and how to plan your fast passes.
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom they have a tiered fast pass system like Epcot and Hollywood Studios where you can select 1 attraction from tier 1 and 2 attractions from tier 2. They are all different from the Magic Kingdom that does not have a tier system.
Animal Kingdom Fast Passes
Animal Kingdom Fast Passes for Tier 1 Attractions
There are only 2 tier 1 attractions at the Animal Kingdom and they’re both located in the newest part of the park, Pandora – The World of Avatar. You can choose 1 tier 1 Animal Kingdom fast pass from the following list:
- Avatar Flight of Passage (44″)
- Na’vi River Journey (any height)
Animal Kingdom Fast Passes for Tier 2 Attractions
Of tier 2 Animal Kingdom attractions you can choose 2 of the 12 for your initial fastpass selections:
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station (any height)
- Dinosaur (44″)
- Expedition Everest (44″)
- Festival of the Lion King (any height)
- Finding Nemo – The Musical (any height)
- It’s Tough to be a Bug! (any height)
- Kali River Rapids (38″)
- Kilimanjaro Safaris (any height)
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals (any height)
- Primeval Whirl (48″)
- Rivers of Light: We Are One (any height)
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure (any height)
Animal Kingdom Fast Pass Recommendations: What to Skip
As I mentioned in my Hollywood Studios fast pass recommendations post, Disney’s Animal Kingdom has several live shows. These shows are easy to get into and I do not recommend getting a fast pass unless it’s something you’re dying to see.
My Animal Kingdom Fast Pass Recommendations
These are my Animal Kingdom fast pass recommendations:
- Tier 1
- Avatar Flight of Passage: A crowd favorite, Flight of Passage is a unique 3D experience that allows riders to take flight on a Banshee. Without a fast pass you will have a very long wait as it is one of the most popular attractions in the park.
- Tier 2
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: This is, in my opinion, is the crown jewel of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I HIGHLY recommend getting a fast pass for this ride in the early morning as soon after the park opens as possible. Most of the animals are active in the early morning and you’re more likely to see them.
- Expedition Everest: Probably one of the best thrill rides Disney has created, Expedition Everest is my favorite ride in the park. I, however, do not recommend this ride for those that get motion sickness as it does go upside down.
Can I just book more Tier 1 Fast Passes after I’ve used the first one?
No! You need to book 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2 fast passes and use all 3 before you can book a second tier 1 fast pass.