Milkshake Monday is a regular occurrence at the Nanny house. And while we don’t do it every week, I wish we did. Making homemade milkshakes is something the youngest in the family and I love doing together and over the years we’ve perfected a few recipes.
Make Homemade Milkshakes with your Kids
What you’ll need to make Milkshakes
What kind of milkshake you want to make is up to you. Later on, I’ll share some of our favorite recipes we’ve come up with, but to start here’s what you’ll need:
- Ice cream flavor of your choice
- Anything you want to put inside the shake. Get creative with
- Peanut Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Reuseable straws
- Whipped Cream
Pin it for Later
Read More: Things to do with your kids during Coronavirus school closures: Bake a Cinnamon Bun Cake
Basic Homemade Milkshake Recipe
No matter what kind of milkshake you want to make follow this basic recipe:
- Get glasses for the number of people that want milkshakes. I.E. 1 person = 1 glass 3 people = 3 glasses.
- Put your chosen flavor of ice cream in each glass. Fill it to the top, but don’t pack it in.
- Fill each glass with milk.
- Pour the contents of each glass in the blender.
- Add additional ingredients for flavor – cookies, peanut butter, etc.
- Blend everything together.
- Pour milkshake back into glasses and add whipped cream and a straw.
That was super easy, right? The hardest part is deciding what kind of milkshake to make and cleaning up the mess afterward.
My Favorite Homemade Milkshakes
Being from Vermont we love ourselves some Vermont Maple Syrup! During the step where I say to add additional ingredients for flavor add 2 tablespoons of real maple syrup for each milkshake you’re making. Top with whipped cream and sip away.
If you want to add something extra special to this milkshake crush up some bacon and sprinkle it on the whipped cream. It’ll be like a breakfast dessert!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake
This is our newest creation! When I say in the directions to add additional ingredients add 1 or 2 – depending on how much you like peanut butter – tablespoons of peanut butter and blend.
Crush up some peanut butter cups to put on top of the whipped cream. Add chocolate sprinkles and a whole peanut butter cup too to make it look extra appetizing!
If you want to get really crazy and make some freakshakes, check out these recipes.