The FastPass at Walt Disney World is your key to the entire kingdom. It will make your Disney vacation easier and more fun. I’ve put together this Disney FastPass guide to help you maximize the fun with you hit the parks.
Disney FastPass Guide
What is FastPass+?
FastPass+ allows Walt Disney World guests to skip the standby line allowing for a shorter wait time at some of the park’s the best attractions. Guests can obtain FastPass+ for ride, shows, and characters meet and greets.
What does FastPass+ cost?
How do you get FastPass+?
You can get FastPass+ reservations 2 ways: In advance via the My Disney Experience App (explained in detail at the end of this post.) and at any FastPass+ kiosk in the parks. Kiosks are located throughout the parks. If you need assistance, look for a cast member who is on had to help you with your FastPass+ reservations.
When can I make FastPass+ reservations?
For guests staying at Disney World Resort properties – which I highly recommend – you can make FastPass+ reservations 60 days in advance. For guests staying off property, reservations can be made 30 days prior to your visit.
Pin it for Later
How do you use FastPass+?
Once you have your FastPass+ reservations they are automatically connected to your ticket. When approaching an attraction have your magic band or park ticket ready as you’ll have to scan it. You’ll enter the line through the FastPass+ entrance. Upon entering you’ll need to scan your magic band or park ticket. Depending on the ride you may have to scan your magic band or park ticket again, so if you’re using a park ticket don’t scan it and leave it with a non-rider. While this may seem like a pain it helps ensure people don’t get into the standby line then hop the railing into the FastPass+ line.
Important Disney FastPass Tips
The following tips for Fastpasses have been learned through trial ad error ever since the fastpass came into existence. I hope they help you as much as they’ve helped me over the years.
- All guests can reserve 3 FastPass+ is advance per day for 1 park. After you use those you can make 1 additional FastPass+ reservation.
- FastPass+ will give you an hour window to get in line, so you can get in line at any point during the hour. However, if you miss the time window you will not be allowed in line afterwards. You will need to get another FastPass+ for that attraction.
- If you can’t get your top picks for attractions (Think Toy Story Land). Make a selection and go back before your trip see if anything else has opened up. They often do!
- FastPass+ runs out early for the newer and most popular attractions, so reserve early!
- When you arrive at an attraction and the wait it short, I recommend canceling your FastPass+ via the My Disney Experience app and getting in the standby line. That way you can get a FastPass+ for another ride. Or do the ride twice!
- If you’re planning on Park Hopping, use your FastPass+ reservations for the park you’ll be visiting in the afternoon. In the mornings it’s earlier to hop in the standby line for several rides and have a shorter wait time.
Rides that have FastPass+
Some of the WDW parks have a tier system allowing you to select a certain number of tier 1 attractions and certain number of tier 2 attractions. Rides are listed in alphabetical order and by tier. You can find my fastpass recommendations by clicking on the headings and going to that parks Best Fast Pass page.
The Magic Kingdom doesn’t have a tier system
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion
- It’s A Small World
- Jungle Cruise
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Meet Tiana and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Epcot has a tiered FastPass+ system. You can choose one tier 1 attraction and two tier 2 attractions.
- Frozen Ever After
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Test Track
- Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Spaceship Earth
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Animal Kingdom has a tiered FastPass+ system. You can choose one tier 1 attraction and two tier 2 attractions.
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Na’vi River Journey
- Expedition Everest
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Primeval Whirl
- Rivers of Light
Hollywood Studios has a tiered FastPass+ system. You can choose one tier 1 attraction and two tier 2 attractions.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Beauty and The Beast Live On Stage
- Disney Jr. Live on Stage
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- MuppetVision 3D
- Aerosmith Rock ‘N’ Rollercoaster
- Star Tours
- Toy Story Mania
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
How to make a FastPass reservation step-by-step:
1.Download the My Disney Experience App.
2. When the app has finished downloading open it and create an account. Once your account has been created, log-in.
3. After logging-in the home screen will come up (See photo below) if you have other people in your party you need to add them to you profile and connect their tickets. Click on the 3 lines on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, scroll down to “My Profile”, then over to “Family & Friends List”. Scroll down and hit “Add a Guest” Follow the directions from there.
4. Now that you’ve added your Family and Friends, go to the Home screen. Depending on your device’s screen size you may have to scroll down to see My Plans. The first option on the left will be “Get FastPass+,” click on it.
5. Select everyone in your party that you’re making reservations for and click continue. Then select the date, followed by the park you’ll be visiting on that date. *Remember that you will be unable to reserve FastPass+ if you’re not within the 60 day (for Disney Hotel guests) or 30 day (for all other guests) window before you’re visit.
5. Then all available FastPass+ rides will come up. You can swipe to see the availability for morning, afternoon, evening, or specific times.
6. Once you have found the FastPass+ for the attraction you want, click one the time you want it to start.
7. You will then be given the option to review your information. If it is correct, click the green confirm button.
8. When you’ve confirmed your selection you’ll see a final confirmation screen. At this time you can continue to make FastPass+ selections for the same day, a different day, or be done with your selections.
Disney FastPass Guide
I hope my Disney FastPass guide helps you and your family have the best Disney vacation ever! Please reach out if you have any questions.